Business Development & Capture Manager (Position Code:BDCM1021)
Waterborne Environmental is comprised of scientists and engineers who believe that good science and environmental health can co-exist in the effort to help raise the quality of life for a growing world population. If you are of the same belief, we have an opening for an experienced and motivated individual who will leverage the ideas of our internal experts and convert them into successful business growth areas.
The Business Development / Capture Manager is a key member of the senior leadership team. Position is virtual, but we prefer the eastern half of the United States. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and is an Operations Level Strategic position accountable for the growth of current key/strategic accounts.
The position is responsible for ensuring excellence in delivery of full life cycle business development activities, including management of bid and proposal (B&P) resources, target identification, capture strategies, proposal management, account management, packaged service offerings contract award and customer relations.
- Will be responsible for growing Waterborne’s portfolio to meet strategic objectives
- Will partner with the CEO and COO to ensure effective use of resources for associated bids
- This position advises the CEO/COO on call plans for key customers and programs and provides additional leadership and expertise in other new business and marketing matters including: strategic planning, competitive intelligence, and market analysis
- Will participate in pipeline-pursuit reviews to ensure solid value propositions, win strategies, call plans, etc., are completed along with applicable CRM data entry and maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 7+ years of related experience
- Must have a demonstrated track record of executing successful capture efforts in either the federal government or commercial space
- Must have a reputation for being able to build high performance teams
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry-out daily interactions with company leaders
- Ability to apply skill sets to a scientific service-based company
- Creative problem solver who enjoys working in a team environment
- Experience managing a budget
- An interest in environmental protection, agriculture, human health, and improving quality of life
We are a small business with a diverse set of professional backgrounds and pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, along with a 401(K) match and an excellent working environment. Please provide a resume and a cover letter addressing your salary requirements and establishing your experience and qualifications for the criteria outlined above. Please note on your submittal the position code denoted above.
Forward your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com or mail it to Attn: Human Resources – Position VA/EM0417, Waterborne Environmental, Inc., 897-B Harrison Street, SE, Leesburg, VA.
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V