Business Development Manager (Position Code:BDM1021)
Waterborne Environmental is comprised of scientists and engineers who believe that good science and environmental health can co-exist in the effort to help raise the quality of life for a growing world population. If you are of the same belief, we have an opening for an experienced and motivated individual who will leverage the ideas of our internal experts and convert them into successful business growth areas. We are seeking someone with a background in business development to be part of the creation and execution of our strategic growth plans.
The incumbent will apply practical business development experience to help refine and prioritize a large number of opportunities, implementing a structured and quantitative approach to business and revenue growth. Initially this role will work with internal technical experts to support the development of growth areas. Over time, focus will expand externally, moving toward activities involving client interaction and industry activities. This position will work closely with the CEO, Leadership Team and internal technical experts to define and implement long-term organizational strategic goals, coaching and supporting internal technical experts in the development and execution of business plans.
The successful candidate should possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5-7 years of professional working experience as a business development manager, sales executive, or other relevant role
- Ability to apply skill sets to a scientific service-based company
- Ability to listen to others, embrace and implement ideas, and carry them to completion
- Creative problem solver who enjoys working in a team environment
- Skilled in collaboration, facilitating group interactions, and ensuring forward progress
- Successful time management and planning skills
- Experience managing a budget
- An interest in environmental protection, agriculture, human health, and improving quality of life
- Work in the US without sponsorship
We are a small company with a diverse set of professional backgrounds and pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental, and life insurance, along with a 401(K) company match and an excellent working environment. Please provide a resume and a cover letter addressing your salary requirements and establishing your experience and qualifications for the criteria outlined above. Please note on your submittal the position code denoted above.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Attn: Human Resources – Position Code BDM0917, Waterborne Environmental, 897-B Harrison Street, SE, Leesburg, VA 20175
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V