Ecological Modeler (Position Code:VA/EM0421)
Waterborne is a progressive company of bright, motivated scientists and engineers looking for a valuable addition to our team. We currently have an opening for a full-time Ecological Modeler. This position will be located in our Leesburg, VA or Champaign, IL offices with potential to work remotely from other US locations. Waterborne applies population models and similar approaches to provide decision support for ecological risk assessments. The successful candidate will work as part of a team developing, implementing, and applying novel modeling approaches and adapting existing models to the specific needs of risk assessments.
The successful candidate should possess the following requirements:
- Minimum of a Ph.D. or equivalent (M.S. with at least 2 years relevant job experience) in Biological Sciences or a related field with a specialty focus in ecological modeling
- Background and experience in ecological modeling, theoretical or quantitative ecology or related field, including conservation biology
- Experience in developing and applying population models and/or ecological modeling approaches (e.g., Bayesian approaches in environmental modeling or food web models)
- Familiarity with toxicokinetic/toxicodynamic models (e.g., GUTS) would be beneficial
- Proficiency in R software would be ideal; experience with NetLogo or a programming language would be a plus
- Experience in model analysis, data analysis, and results presentation
- Ability to document all stages of a project from model development to presentation of results, including scientific publications
- Ability to compile data and information from various sources, including scientific publications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate results to others (clients, team members) to address a variety of research questions
- Experience in ecological risk assessment would be beneficial
- Interest in working in consulting and learning about the regulatory landscape of pesticide risk assessments is a requirement
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
We are a small company with a diverse set of professional backgrounds and pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance; 401(K) with company match; and an excellent working environment. Please provide a resume and cover letter addressing your salary requirements and establishing your experience/qualifications for the criteria outlined above. Please note on your submittal the position code denoted above.
Please submit your resume online, send your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com or mail it to Attn: Human Resources – Position VA/EM0421, Waterborne Environmental, Inc., 897-B Harrison Street, SE, Leesburg, VA.
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V