Ecological Modeler (Position Code:EM0322)
Waterborne Environmental currently has an opening for a full-time Ecological Modeler. Our growing team applies mechanistic effects models to provide decision support for ecological risk assessments. The successful candidate will work as a part of a team developing, implementing, and applying novel modeling approaches and adapting existing models to the specific needs of risk assessments.
The successful candidate should possess expertise or familiarity in the following technical areas:
- Background and experience in ecological modeling, theoretical or quantitative ecology or related field, including conservation biology
- Experience in developing and applying population models and/or other ecological modeling approaches (e.g., Bayesian approaches, adverse outcome pathways, network or food web models)
- Proficiency in R software; experience with NetLogo or other programming languages would be a plus
- Ability to conduct literature research; identify, compile and analyze relevant data
- Ability to document all stages of a project from model development to presentation of results, including scientific publications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate results to others (clients, team members) to address a variety of research questions
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Experience in ecological risk assessment would be beneficial
- Familiarity with toxicokinetic/toxicodynamic models (e.g., GUTS) would be beneficial
This position offers the opportunity to work remotely or in one of our office locations in Leesburg, VA, Champaign, IL, or Columbia, MO. The successful candidate for this position should also possess the following:
- Minimum of a Ph.D. or equivalent (M.S. with at least 2 years relevant job experience) in Biological Sciences or a related field with a specialty focus in ecological modeling
- Interest in working in consulting and learning about the regulatory landscape of pesticide risk assessments is a requirement
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Waterborne is a small, progressive company of bright, motivated scientists and engineers looking for a valuable addition to our consulting team. We have a diverse set of professional backgrounds and pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental, and life insurance; 401(K) with company match; and an excellent working environment.
Please submit your resume online, send your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com or mail it to Attn: Human Resources – Position EM0322, Waterborne Environmental, Inc., 897-B Harrison Street, SE, Leesburg, VA.
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V