Ecotoxicologist / Ecological Risk Assessor (Position Code:Effects1119)
Waterborne Environmental, Inc. is an environmental consulting firm that serves our clients by helping them solve complex environmental challenges. We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Ecological Risk Assessor, with the ideal candidate having experience and education equivalent to a M.S. or Ph.D. in environmental toxicology, terrestrial or aquatic biology, zoology, environmental chemistry, or a related field with 3+ years of professional experience. Candidates must have direct experience in ecological risk assessment. Some experience with regulatory driven risk assessment is a plus (e.g., FIFRA, TSCA, Section 7 ESA, VICH guidelines). Risk assessment involves integrating aspects of exposure, environmental fate and effects, so experience in one or more of those areas is beneficial. Waterborne seeks professionals who are energetic, creative, pragmatic, motivated, highly collaborative internally and externally, results oriented, and possess strong communication skills.
The successful candidate must have a strong desire and ability to:
- Develop and grow dynamic relationships with clients to earn the right to help them solve their most pressing environmental challenges
- Communicate and collaborate across Waterborne to leverage the full range of our strengths and capabilities towards client solutions
- Bring creative and pragmatic approaches to client challenges in a solution-oriented consulting environment
- Seek active leadership on internal and external project teams and potentially lead larger teams within Waterborne
- Effectively utilize time to meet deadlines, demonstrate flexibility to meet changing priorities, and adapt to changing client requests
The key duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the successful candidate will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the conduct of ecological risk assessments, position documents, and strategies of chemicals to support product development, registrations, and scientific advancements
- Work closely with other ecotoxicologists, exposure & ecological modelers, environmental fate scientists, statisticians, and geospatial analysis experts to provide innovative work products and solutions to clients
- Possess a working knowledge of US and international crop protection chemical and other regulatory paradigms, including study requirements, study designs, and risk assessment strategies
- Establish relationships with scientists in industry, academia, and the regulatory community that will benefit both the client and the science
- Interactions will include internal staff/management, clients, government, and other stakeholders as required
- Demonstrate proficiency in standard software applications such as Microsoft Office, etc. with some expertise in data analysis and presentation important
- Some travel throughout the United States will be required
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
Waterborne has primary offices located in Leesburg, Virginia and Champaign, Illinois offering a comprehensive suite of services. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental, & life insurance; 401(K) with company match; and an excellent working environment.
Please submit your resume online, send your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com or mail it to Attn: Human Resources – Position VA/EM0417, Waterborne Environmental, Inc., 897-B Harrison Street, SE, Leesburg, VA.
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V