Senior Engineer/Scientist (Position Code:SES0522)
Waterborne Environmental is an environmental consulting firm that helps solve complex environmental challenges for our clients. We are a progressive company of bright, motivated scientists and engineers looking for a valuable addition to our science and management team. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Engineer/Scientist. Preference will be given to those located in the Midwest region, preferably near our Columbia, Missouri office.
The candidate will be responsible for successfully designing, managing, and executing a variety of environmental field programs in the US with assistance to our global market leads. They will collaborate and work with the Leadership team to implement organizational strategic goals applicable to this office and companywide. Candidates should have direct experience testing and evaluating the fate of chemicals in the environment (water, soil, air, etc.). In addition, the successful candidate will seize the opportunity to develop and implement creative solutions in an environment of multi-location offices, diverse skills, service offerings, and technical projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with other engineers, modelers, geospatial analysts, data scientists, and statisticians to design innovative field systems for the collection of environmental parameters.
- Function as a subject matter expert in the areas of environmental field data collection systems specifically related to agriculture, water, and natural resources.
- Working across offices with other field program managers and the company leadership team to plan, scope, and staff contracts both for locally operated projects and larger regional/domestic projects.
- Day to day management, oversite, and operations of one of our field offices.
- Client interaction and business development including working with the field team lead to focus on field services.
- Supervision and development of engineers, scientists, and administrative staff.
- Anticipation of needs and generates plans for future growth and development of the office.
- Evaluation of staff utilization and project management, including task management, scheduling, reporting, and tracking technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) standards and their application to regulatory studies.
- Some travel throughout the US will be required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in an engineering or science discipline. Experience in business management is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible professional work experience to include project management, corporate administrative processes, and personnel management preferred.
- Working knowledge of US and international regulatory requirements related to crop protection industry is a plus.
- Solid leadership and management skills to interface with staff, corporate leadership team, and clients.
- Drive quality accountability within the office and a local atmosphere aligned with company core values.
- High standard of ethics and high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in methods, processes, and procedures. Ability to solve complex problems through research initiatives and by applying technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, and resourceful with the ability to maintain a positive attitude, team orientation, and strong work ethic.
- Experience with managing project budgets and an understanding of financial reporting, with experience in forecasting is a plus.
- Strong attention to details with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Proficiency in standard software applications such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Waterborne will not sponsor any Visa applications for this position.
Waterborne is a small business with a diverse set of professional backgrounds and we pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. We truly embrace the talents that each of our dedicated employees has to offer. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental & life insurance; 401(K) with company match; and an excellent working environment. Send your resume along with a cover letter addressing your salary requirements and establishing your experience/qualifications for the criteria outlined above. Please note on your submittal the position code denoted above. Please forward your resume to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V