Senior General Ledger Accountant (Position Code:Acct/0921)
Waterborne Environmental has an opening in our Leesburg, Virginia office for a Senior General Ledger Accountant. The successful candidate will collaborate and work with accounting administrators and the company Finance Committee to support the overall corporate accounting and finance function. They will be responsible for providing accounting and financial support and reporting with primary responsibilities to include the monthly close process, making journal entries, performing balance sheet account reconciliations, producing the monthly financial statements, and preparation of monthly operations reports.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting, general ledger structure, and the Ajera accounting software.
- Working with a team of accounting administrators, will ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all monthly financial information including the proper application of GAAP.
- Review and analyze the general ledger and ensure records are kept in compliance with GAAP.
- Identify and create necessary journal entries to support GAAP.
- Perform revenue recognition analysis and make journal entries.
- Support forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
- Respond to inquiries from the senior management regarding financial results & special reporting requests.
- Support senior staff with project billings.
- Prepare work papers for the CPA supporting the annual tax returns; support annual CPA review and/or audit.
- Identify and develop financial reports for financial analysis, forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
- Analytical review of financial statements and operations reports.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 5-7 years of well-rounded accounting experience to include general ledger accounting and financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong computer skills to include advanced Microsoft Excel.
- CPA or be CPA candidate, public accounting experience, and financial analysis skills are highly preferred.
- Waterborne will not sponsor any Visa applications for this position.
Waterborne is a small business with a diverse set of professional backgrounds and we pride ourselves on both client and employee satisfaction. We truly embrace the talents that each of our dedicated employees has to offer. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits package includes health, dental & life insurance; 401(K) with company match; and an excellent working environment. Send your resume along with a cover letter addressing your salary requirements and establishing your experience/qualifications for the criteria outlined above. Please note on your submittal the position code denoted above.
Please forward your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or Attn: Human Resources, Waterborne Environmental, Inc., 897-B Harrison Street, SE, Leesburg, VA 20175.
Waterborne is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V